A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY engaged The Acclaim Group to assist with a complex corporate acquisition assessment and subsequent office consolidation project.
Identify which of the four Metropolitan Statistical Areas that client had significant operations in was best suited for the expansion project. One of the MSA’s under consideration was our client’s HQ “hometown”. Our client had 13 leased and owned locations within a tight geographic area of its HQ hometown. Corporate leadership was looking to:
- Improve business infrastructure continuity
- Reduce number of office locations
- Cut total real estate costs
- Improve overall efficiency
The Acclaim Group was retained to perform an expert location analysis of six national markets (four of which client already had a presence in and two new MSA’s, recommended by Acclaim, for client’s consideration) across the United States, focusing on:
- Real time labor availability & cost
- Business environment
- Quality of infrastructure
- Opportunity cost
- Government incentives
After much consideration, property opportunities within the targeted markets were found to be lacking, so the Acclaim Group focused on uncovering “off market” opportunities.
The team, led by Managing Partner, Mike Maroon led exhaustive research and created a compelling opportunity by convincing a local owner of a timely sales opportunity and subsequent community benefit of inviting this corporation to the location.
After two years of detailed analyses and negotiation, the Acclaim Group led the purchase of five buildings and lease of an additional building, all within the same business park that was strategically located outside of the power grid that the client’s other locations were serviced by.
Through artful negotiation and cutting-edge tactics, Acclaim delivered results that far surpassed the client’s goals and expectations. The acquisition agreement included future rights for expansion and branding for the balance of the business park. Key business drivers included:
- Reduced overall cost of space by 22%
- Boosted internal collaboration by 16%
- Significantly improved security and business continuity
- Improved talent attraction and retention by 14%
- Amped up efficiency by 11%
- Secured government incentives package valued at $10mil plus